Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Bison, Lost Along The Way, Roams From Kentucky To California.

Following up on yesterday's post, I mentioned one of the two "Lost In Transit" transactions worked out in my favor. I left the post with a bit of a cliffhanger, so let's get that resolved. The most recent of those two missing packages was Returned to Sender the day or day after I received my refund. The seller graciously offered to sell me the cards for a lower price than I originally paid.


With an extra $8 in my pocket, I added a card I've long had my eyes on: a 2011 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleasers on-card autograph of The Bison, numbered 53/75. Again, everything about this card just warms my collecting heart. A big on-card signature, it hails from a high-end product I'd never bust, it's short-printed, and Topps picked out a tremendous photo of Mattycakes which features him beaming and sporting the commemorative Duke Snider patch the Dodgers wore in 2011.


Kemp's reaction was mine when I found out the cards had been found back in Kentucky. Maybe it was the Crowders' or the Bennetts' fault. When I first realized they might be missing forever, my reaction was more along the lines of Russ' facial expression. With some cursing mixed in. The gold auto and gold stitching are a wonderful compliment to one another, and though it's got a decent-sized print-run (/99, 23/99 for my copy), I don't run across these Sweet Spot Signatures all that often. A fantastic new Russ, and it marks Martin Auto # 35 in my PC.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome... glad to see the Kemp made it into your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!

    I am quite the happy camper haha.

    ReplyDelete