Ticket Monster LAD Banner

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Corey Seager 1/1 Printing Plate-Auto Completes Another Pentafecta.

I recently acquired a stunningly gorgeous card that jumps to the top of the mountain that is my Corey Seager Collection. I knew I had to lock down this beaut when it popped up on eBay and thankfully my winning bid was far less than what I anticipated the card selling for. Adding to my Seager Trifecta was also free as I had some focus group money left to play and pay with.

This is the final piece I was in need of to complete my latest Pentafecta. It's a phenomenal Yellow 1/1 Printing Plate-Auto from 2012 Leaf Ultimate Draft. If you're unfamiliar with my creation or need a refresher course, a Pentafecta consists of a 1/1, an auto, a patch, a non-patch relic of any kind, and a rookie card.

The auto portion of our show. This Bowman Chrome auto is a biggie for my PC and took a while to land, but the wait was worth it to get my hands on Corey's first certified signature in which he's actually in a Dodgers' uniform.

A sick two-color patch /99 with some jersey tossed in for good measure. There is just so, so much to love about this card.

#MERICA. A sweeeeeet blue parallel relic of the youngster numbered 148/199. It was a hidden gem within my collection when I discovered I had it, and it serves as the first piece of Seager cardboard to call my collection home. The USA jersey swatch has a nice seam to it as well.

Finally, a simple pre-Dodgers RC featuring Corey donning the red, white, and blue. It's a Gold-bordered parallel and is just all kinds of awesome. This Seager Pentafecta is my sixth overall and fourth baseball project to reach completion.


DodgerPenguin said...

Great pickup

Dennis said...

You com-plate me. Congrats on another pentafecta! I'll never catch up to you in 1/1s now...

Greg Zakwin said...

Thanks gents!

Dennis- You're so punny! And it's not a competition.

Even though I'm winning....

GSM Phone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.