Monday, July 29, 2013

Trade With The Adventures of Napkin Doon: Joey Bats' John Hancock.

I completed my third trade with the mysterious Doon of The Adventures of Napkin Doon. You can check out our first deal here and second swap here. Though Doon is less mysterious now that I know his first name - I'll reveal it to the highest bidder - he still amazes me with the awesome stuff he brings home from Cleve's. One of his most recent acquisitions found its way to me after a quick trade discussion.


Beautiful and on-card! It's my first certified Jose Bautista cardboard auto and my second auto overall, as I dealt for a sweet-spot baseball a while back. You may wonder how this fits into my collection. Well, I have the baseball and a few Joey Bats' rookies; the card is gorgeous; I admire how Bautista became the great player he is after the Pirates gave up on him; and he follows me on Twitter. That last reason is reason enough all by itself.


Doon didn't stop there, as he sent along two new Matt Kemps and two new Clayton Kershaws as well as my first card of minor leaguer Zachary Bird. The golden Kemp is #'d out of 2012. I really dig the 2013 Bowman State and Hometown parallels.

Thanks for yet another outstanding trade Doon!

3 comments:

  1. A lot of teams gave up on Joey Bats before he tweaked his approach. Hes a favorite of mine. I wear #19 in my softball league cause of him. Great card" I'm very jealous of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! And yeah, some guys are just late bloomers, even really late bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete