Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Yes, I'm an Alex Rodriguez Fan. Yes, He's a Hall of Famer.

I don't care that Alex Rodriguez admitted to taking PEDs and may have taken them again. I don't support cheating but baseball went on quite the witch-hunt to "take down" the future Hall of Famer. On top of that, it's hypocritical to attack A-Rod but allow guys who cheated to remain in the Hall of Fame and in the good graces of the press (Mike Schmidt, his generation, and those that played before him in regards to greenies and other amphetamines; Gaylord Perry and his spitball; etc., etc.).


The scratches are from the one-touch the card came in. I shouldn't have been so lazy in not removing it, but the card is still gorgeous. I won't even get into the fact that A-Rod should have been a Dodger, so I'll just say this beaut is numbered 249/391 and is on-card to boot! I've wanted a John Hancock of Alex for some time and figured now was as good a time as any to find a deal, which I thankfully did.

8 comments:

  1. haha.. boy, are you asking for it with the title of this post! Any thoughts of ST this year? I'm going first weekend of March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of me hopes he buys season tickets behind home plate for all of the Yankees home games this year. I want him to be a constant distraction. It will make for good tv. He needs to embrace his wrestling heel status.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an autographed, authentic 2001 Rodriguez Rangers road uni I'll sell you! It was given to me as a gift and I can't really stand the guy! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a Hall of Famer. But there is no way I can be a fan of that man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on grabbing this 'graph. I'd love to eventually add an autograph of his to my PC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part of me thinks he's an embarrassment to the game, not just because of any supposed PED use, but how he couldn't be discreet about his indiscretions - he just doesn't respect the game and is going to do what he wants if he can get away with it.

    A part of me probably wants him to never get to play a MLB game again, but part of me wants to see the drama play out with this guy, see if he can pick up another at-bat, hit another home run, et al.

    Maybe it was the promise of his early days, but there is some irrational sentiment for this guy, as opposed to a Ryan Braun, who everyone liked but was connected to PEDs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought anyone in the blogosphere would admit to such a thing, so since you broke the ice...I will say I agree completely.
    then again I dont give 2 shits about all the nonsense mainstream sports writers spew about PEDs... its part of the games past...move on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Austin- Sadly, I doubt I'll make it this year. It's on the bucket list though, so hopefully next year.

    Matthew- That would be baller!

    Judson- I'd love it, but I can't drop that kind of cash right now haha.

    Duane- Agreed. Also, I've owed you an e-mail FOREVER but keep forgetting. I will get to it, I promise. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete