Saturday, January 3, 2015

The First of Many John Gibson Autos.

That's certainly my plan and definitely my hope, as Anaheim Ducks' netminder John Gibson is easily the most talented goalie in the organization. The 21-year-old second-round pick made his debut late last season by posting a shutout in his first NHL start and showcased his exceptional talent in the postseason (also posting a shutout in his first ever postseason contest, against the Kings!).

2013-2014 Panini Contenders RC Auto

His start to this year was rocky in the season-opener but he quickly rounded into form before falling prey to a groin injury. Gibson's John Hancocks have been all over the map in terms of price and I definitely wanted something on-card if I could help it. He has to be recalled at some point, as going with Ilya Bryzgalov as the backup (as much as I like the guy) is not the best move. A tandem of Gibson and Freddie Andersen -- I believe Gibson would outplay him for the one spot in that duo -- gives the playoff-bound Ducks the best chance to hoist The Cup once again.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like the first, bravo, dude!

    I agree with your assessment of the net minder situation and Gibson should start seeing more play, though Andersen is still my man for now.

    I have a few things to say about this and a few other Gibson cards. Trying to get that post together soon(-ish).

    Great card! Go get more Gibson auto's!!!

    ReplyDelete