Monday, June 29, 2015

(Most of A) 1957 Topps Sandy Koufax!

I don't have much in the way of vintage Sandy Koufax cards, but when one falls into my price range and isn't entirely beat-to-hell, I give it a go and let the chips fall as they may. If that vintage Koufax just so happens to be one of him sporting that golden Brooklyn B, well, you can imagine how much more interested I am.


With all that being said I landed this well-loved and probably x-acto knifed Sandy from 1957 Topps! It's my earliest Koufax and my first of him as a Brooklyn Dodger. It's so beautiful, trimmed and all.


I mean, all of the important parts of the card are still intact. I can see the Brooklyn B, Sandy's face, his name and the team's, and the color has held as well. Eventually, I'll upgrade. Eventually.


Another driving factor in nabbing this particular low-grade copy was that it almost perfectly matches something already in my collection....my Campanella Collection, that is. Damn, they're almost a perfect match. Perhaps they were part of the same person's collection?

3 comments:

  1. Nice pick up. It could be that a previous owner had it (or both cards if they owned both) in a regular photo album and had glued the cards in those photo corner tabs, or couldn't remove them from the tabs.

    ReplyDelete