Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2010-2011 Panini Dominion Tag Team Combos Canadian Flag 1/1, BGS 9.5: Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry!

One of the biggest pieces in my quest to complete Ryan Getzlaf's 2010-11 Panini Dominion Master Set was secured months ago but is now just finally making its interwebs debut. I purchased it so long ago I don't quite recall how much it cost or where most of the dough came from (birthday, holidays, something like that) but it ended up running me less than $20 or so out of pocket after all was said and done.


Oh Canada indeed! This gorgeous piece of cardboard is the 1/1 Tag Team Combos Canadian Flags entry into the Master Set; the pickup pairs Getzy with longtime running mate Corey Perry. Both sweater pieces are the Canadian Flag Prime Laundry Tags found on their respective sweaters and the "Made in Canada" for both is just below the window of each swatch. The card has been slabbed a 9.5 by Beckett and it was purchased already encased in its plastic tomb.


Here's the back with that all-important 1/1 foil stamp dead center. The design is appealing, yet another reason why the first iteration of Dominion remains my favorite. You can see a bit of damage to the slab at the bottom just right of center, which is irrelevant to me considering I didn't even need the card graded to be happy with it. I love that Panini actually guarantees the Flag pieces are game-worn rather than simply "event-worn." Over half of what I still need is limited to just one copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment