Saturday, February 6, 2016

My First Taste of 2016 Topps Series 1....

....Comes in the form of a pair of base cards passed along by my good friend Mike, who opened some 2016 Topps Series 1 and upon pulling these quipped something along the lines of "I guess this was supposed to be Greg's pack."


My general thoughts on Series 1: the photography, as it is more often than not, is pretty stellar. I know most people are down on Series 1 and I get why, but I generally don't care what the design is considering I'm a player collector at heart.

My guys are in the set, so I'm happy. I do wish the backgrounds were clear or, if Topps liked them being not visible, at least truly silhouette the player and make the background black and white.

But more importantly, Russ literally is incapable of not being on a great card, visually-speaking. Also, that's a great shot of The Bison.

Thanks Mike!

1 comment: