Saturday, June 11, 2016

Stealing A Seager Signature

June 3rd: Corey Seager hits 3 home runs in a game, continuing to demonstrate why he's one of the best young players in the game.


June 4th: I win the above Seager -- a rookie year Exhilaration Auto out of 2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball, numbered 009/199 -- on eBay for a steal. The same card had been selling for more prior to the 3-HR game and I've seen it go for more since with the same print-run. Somehow, though, on a day when I expected everything #ManBearSeag to jump noticeably in price because that's how eBay and these things work, I was able to land my first John Hancock of Corey in a long time without breaking my budget into a million little pieces.

Ironically enough the last Seager auto I posted was on June 4th of last year. That's far too long to go without adding signed cardboard to my collection of the young phenom but prices skyrocketed beyond what I wanted to pay. Thankfully I stocked up on Seager when his autographs could be had for under $10-20 a pop.

Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment