Monday, April 24, 2017

1952 Topps Roy Campanella, PSA 1!

An update on a card I posted to close out 2016. I sent my '52 Topps High-Number Roy Campanella in through work to PSA for the slab treatment and it recently returned from Newport Beach. I only submitted it because it's a card that is so vital to my Campy PC that I don't want to risk any harm coming its way and have to find another one in my price range. Safety first, kids.


I knew this beaut would never grade higher than a 1 but there was a small part of me that was worried PSA would only give it an Authentic and that would have disappointed me. Thankfully they gave it the appropriate grade and this bad boy is never leaving me for anything, ever.

9 comments:

  1. Condition be damned, that's an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, man. Congrats. I hear even a pinhole will cause a card to grade a 1 so no biggie getting that grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without that hole I probably wouldn't own the card so it's a loved addition for me haha!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful piece of vintage cardboard. I totally understand you wanting to get that slabbed. I kinda feel that way about a few of my vintage cards just to make sure they're authentic and unaltered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My clumsiness also factors in -- I dropped the card today haha -- but yes, getting that confirmation is always a great thing.

      Delete
  4. Regardless of condition, that's a cool card to add to the collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dude! and agreed, I like my vintage well-loved.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete