Thursday, July 27, 2017

I'm In Heaven! A South Park "Good Times With Weapons" 4-Card Set!

A long time ago Corky at Pack War posted about South Park cards he picked up and I instantly knew I had to track down the 4-card set for myself. It took a long time as I didn't want to spend a lot on what was basically a novelty of my all-time favorite show but patience eventually paid off.


A seller had them listed but they continually sat there unsold. He kept lowering the price and once they were re-listed and sitting there for about 3 bucks a pop I couldn't resist any longer. They immortalize one of the greatest South Park episodes ever: Good Times With Weapons. One side features the boys as they are (below) while the reverse (above) shows each kid's anime character complete with weapon of choice.


A small part of me wants to have these slabbed just for the hell of it. Maybe when I'm rich and famous or I finally marry Kate Upton, whichever comes first.


The episode also brought us one of the greatest South Park songs ever: Let's Fighting Love. Look up the lyrics. Pure gold.

10 comments:

  1. Epic episode! I never even knew the cards existed... Cool pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I mean that episode is just such a classic.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, glad you found a set for a good price. These are easily one of my favorite oddball cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks again for the inspiration. I'd love a full-on South Park set by Cryptozoic.

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched South Park religiously for almost a decade... but that's one of my favorite episodes too. Sweet set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet indeed Fuji. And you've gotta get back in the swing of things! Matt and Trey still pump out good stuff.

      Delete