Tuesday, August 15, 2017

LaDainian Tomlinson Enters The Hall of Fame! (So Here's A PSA/DNA Signed Mini Helmet To Celebrate!)

My favorite football player of all-time, LaDainian Tomlinson, was recently enshrined in the pro football Hall Of Fame where he rightfully belongs. I'm super biased but I've always viewed him as the best all-around back in league history. He could run any play with ease, catch passes better than any back ever, block, and could even throw the ball out of the backfield on an option play. To celebrate, here's the most recent LT item I added to my PC of the best player in Chargers' franchise history.


This beautiful signed mini helmet is authenticated by PSA/DNA as well as LaDainian's own company. A customer had brought it in to the shop to trade to my boss, who passed. The customer basically was prepared to throw it away and I told him he should give it to one of his friends who would surely appreciate it more (he's in high school). He then handed it to me and told me to keep it as he knew I'm a gigantic Tomlinson fan. I couldn't thank him enough and it definitely has a permanent and excellent place in my LT PC.


While we're here, here are the other key pieces in my Tomlinson Collection. LT is also one of the few guys I was able to complete a Pentafecta of back in the day.







4 comments:

  1. Sweet helmet. He was a fantasy football nightmare... unless you owned him of course. It was nice to see him get inducted in his first year of eligibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He was beyond a beast in fantasy lol. Always the one guy I targeted every year when I did play.

      Delete
  2. My hometown is just outside of Fort Worth. For my 18th birthday, I planned a "football weekend" that consisted of a Friday night high school game (my last game as a senior), then a TCU game on Saturday and a Cowboys game on Sunday. The planned highlight of the weekend was to see LT at TCU. I can't remember who they played, but I remember just praying for a huge run from him. I had to go to the restroom, and while I was in there, he busted off a 40+ yard TD run. Until the Rangers lost the World Series twice, missing that run was my saddest sport moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. That's rough. There was nothing like watching him in the open field with the ball. Hell, watching him in traffic with the ball. He just found a way to make every play exciting.

      Delete