Tuesday, September 26, 2017

My First George Mikan Card: 1952 Wheaties Portrait Variant, SGC 40.

We recently got a handful of 1952 Wheaties cards in at work and while sorting and admiring them I spotted one that piqued my interest. Off to eBay I went to see if I could snag an affordable copy and I quickly stumbled upon the perfect auction. I was surprised to take it down for just under $16 delivered.


This beaut is the Portrait version of George Mikan's 1952 Wheaties offering. I very much prefer it to the Action version of the legendary center and the pioneer of the big man in the game. The card looks fantastic and only received the VG grade due to a pair of minimal surface creases.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The scan does a great job of hiding the creases. I can't even see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally had it in-hand. One of the better VGs I've seen in a long, long time.

      Delete
  2. Pretty rare to see with the blue border. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah I've noticed that, thankfully mine was cut with a lot of blue remaining!

      Delete