Thursday, January 18, 2018

1972 Icee Bear Project -- # 3: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Slabbed A PSA 8!

I recently added a fairly big piece to my 1972 Icee Bear PSA 8 project. A couple of the players will cost me far more than I aim to spend on average but because it's only a 20-card set I'll only have to depress my wallet a couple of times. Thankfully it'll be one less time than I anticipated at the outset as the below card came much cheaper than I ever thought it would.


This beautiful Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -- card number 1 in the set -- appeared as a BIN on eBay for what seemed like a really low price. Some quick research confirmed my suspicions and I knew I couldn't let it slip past my reach. It was already sitting at a steal but I had a few eBay Bucks to play with and while it wasn't a lot as eBay stopped sending bonus bucks offers for months, every little bit helps. The final total was under a blaster and number three (and by far the biggest thus far) in my project was secured.

6 comments: