Saturday, January 20, 2018

1972 Pro Star Promotions Postcards: Johnny Bench, PSA 5 (Via Canada)

I always enjoy picking up oddball issues and today's post features one I had never even heard of until I saw the card listed on eBay. I couldn't resist adding it and after a few bids I secured the latest addition to my Johnny Bench PC.


This 1972 Pro Star Promotions Postcard of the Hall of Fame backstop is a Canadian issue and unlicensed. I bought it raw and sent it in to PSA through work because why not. It came back with the 5 grade I expected due mostly to a janky bottom right corner. The simple shot of Bench works for me and Johnny is the 4th most valuable card in the set behind guys named Clemente, Mays, and Rose.

5 comments:

  1. Vintage oddballs are cool. Discovering vintage oddballs is even cooler. Congratulations on the newest addition to your Bench collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now starting to get into vintage oddballs thanks to focusing on Clemente.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gonna have a blast! Clemente has some awesome oddball stuff. I'd recommend starting with the Kahn's Weiners sets. A bit pricey but super cool. And funny to say!

      Delete
  3. Will you tell me how much you paid? Also JB collector of 45 years.Oddballs are worth more Who knew?

    ReplyDelete