Tuesday, February 20, 2018

1972 Icee Bear Project -- # 6: Jerry Sloan, Slabbed A PSA 8

Here's the sixth addition to my 1972 Icee Bear PSA 8 project. This one was listed as a straight buy-it-now and after unsuccessfully attempting to get a couple bucks knocked off with an offer to the seller I went ahead and clicked the BIN button as it was still not much over half a blaster.


Jerry Sloan is one of the semi-star guys I was looking at in the $10-20 range whenever I ended up picking him up and thankfully he fell closer to the lower end of that spectrum. Sloan of course ended up in the Hall as a coach but his playing career was pretty darn impressive as well. I'm making much quicker progress towards the 20-card set than I thought I would by this time but I expect it will slow down considerably at some point in the near future.

5 comments:

  1. Dang. He looks so young there. I remember watching him coach in the 80's and 90's. He looked like a grandpa.

    P.S. Cool card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And he's definitely fresh-faced in that photo.

      Delete
  2. Apparently it's Jerry Slaon Day!! I got my copy today AND I got his 1970 Topps card in my COMC package. That card is an eyesore. Check it out (I haven't had a chance to scan mine)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha great minds! I've been staring at that exact Sloan card for weeks at work as my boss has left one sitting out for some reason.

      Delete