Saturday, June 23, 2018

A Gorgeous T206 Addition: Adolf Otto "Dutch" Jordan, Southern Leaguer, Old Mill Back, PSA 1.5

My boss recently bought an entire T206 set minus the Big 4. I knew I would snag a couple once the dust settled and two cards from the Southern Leaguers portion stood out to me when he was sending them in to PSA for grading.


Ernie Howard was the most visually-appealing but graded a PSA 4 and was well out of range. The card slotted second on my list was Dutch Jordan; thankfully, he was in lower grade at a 1.5. That was perfect for my budget and Dutch is the newest member of my T206 collection. For a 1.5, the card still presents very well.


Southern League Old Mill backs are different than regular Old Mill backs for non-SLers. The added text on the bottom is that difference. Interestingly, Dutch played for Brooklyn between 1903 and 1904, amassing almost 600 plate appearances.

2 comments:

  1. Another great add to your collection. You've really been on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it definitely feels that way, although I have to be careful not to butter that roll too much and go way over budget.

      Delete