Monday, September 17, 2018

Less Than Half A Blaster: A Pair of PSA'd 1973 NBA Players' Association Postcards (Willis Reed and Dave Cowens)

I randomly came across a couple of cheap graded cards on eBay and couldn't resist. I was entirely unfamiliar with the set prior to seeing them online but it's a cool oddball vintage basketball set that's simple yet visually-appealing. That combination was good enough for me.


Mr. Willis Reed came to me in this pretty PSA 6 holder.


And Mr. Dave Cowens came along for the ride as a PSA 7. Cowens apparently can levitate and didn't bother to have his photo shoot on the hardwood.


The backs are just as to the point as the fronts are. The set is full of HOFers and notable names and while I like it quite a bit I won't be chasing it like I am the 1972 Icee Bear Basketball Set.

3 comments:

  1. I’ve grabbed the Cowens and jo jo White from this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the price... this would be a fun vintage set build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete