Saturday, November 10, 2018

1909 E90-1 American Caramel: Buck Jordan, Slabbed A PSA 2 (MK)!

Today's post features a card I would argue is one of the most beautiful from any set ever, any sport, any era. It came in to work as part of a collection of one thousand or so tobacco cards earlier this year and I immediately knew I needed it. I bought it as part of my tax refund splurge, sent it in to PSA through work, and waited.


The bold Brooklyn across the jersey, the Brooklyn B on the cap, the gaze into the distance that we can't see, and the gorgeous sunset behind Jordan. So much lovely color and another piece of true art added to the Vintage PC.

I could not find any information on Buck Jordan after a lot of searching but it finally dawned on me that not only was his last name misspelled on the card but the American Caramel Company also likely got the first name wrong. I would wager that the player depicted is actually Tim Jordan, Brooklyn first baseman of the time period. Jordan led the NL in homers twice while playing for the Superbas.


The back also garners the MK designation but is a big reason I wanted this copy of this amazing card. I've always thought the stamp was a dragon but looking under light it might be an ornate "S." Maybe it's both....it's super cool either way.

1 comment:

  1. Great pickup!! The colorful sky, the Brooklyn whites, his glance upward, just terrific.

    ReplyDelete