Wednesday, January 30, 2019

(Zack) Wheat Wednesday: 1913 T200 Fatima Team Cards, Brooklyn PSA 2

I recently landed one of the tougher Zack Wheat items I still needed for my collection of the Brooklyn Hall of Fame outfielder. It's one of the rarer pieces to find in my experience -- I've only ever seen a handful -- and definitely one of the trickier to find in presentable condition as the card was made on thin, glossy stock. It is extremely susceptible to chipping and other damage.


Patience was necessary, although the pickings were so beyond slim I didn't have much of a choice. After missing on a very nice SGC copy the above PSA 2 eventually showed up and I jumped. The price was fair and I couldn't be happier at how nice of a 2 it is. Now if only I could get the card centered in the holder....*


The backs are really cool and discuss coupon special offers.

*I've given up on that venture.

5 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful! If I had more focus, and more money, these are the kinds of things that I would be chasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever explain why the Wheat PC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a remarkable pickup. I've wanted a Philadelphia As one (with Chief Bender) for the longest. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased a Kellogg's card graded by PSA and can't for the life of me get it centered. It's so annoying!

    P.S. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!

    Brian- He's the first player to play the majority of his career with the Dodger franchise to make it to the HOF. Plus he was awesome as a player and being pre-war is in some super cool sets.

    ReplyDelete