Thursday, October 31, 2019

3 More 1962 Mars Attacks, All PSA 4's

Though it was never my intention I have decided to slowly chase the 1962 Mars Attacks set in PSA 4 slabs. The sheer beauty and unique nature of this set are just too tough to ignore. Great artwork has gripped my wallet and I.


The color and registration on this copy of # 51, Crushing The Martians, is absolutely phenomenal. The yellow and fire just jump off of the cardboard.


As much as the first one in today's post pops I think Death In The Shelter, # 29, is my favorite of the troika I was able to snag. Being trapped in a shelter full of martian spider-like creatures would be....not ideal.


Rounding out the additions is # 9, The Human Torch. What I like about these three is that they are indicative of the condition I'll be targeting. All have been graded a "4" at some point in time but they span the gamut of what a "4" can look like. Which is truly perfect in my book....aesthetically-pleasing but full of technical flaws that drag down the overall grade.

6 comments:

  1. To: Greg

    Boo!!!

    From: Everyone in Specs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool project. Love this set. Best of luck on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite sets ever! I can't really afford to build it, but I do enjoy picking up the cheap singles that I occasionally come across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only afford to build it in a 4 lol. $20ish a card so far, way better than spending that on a blaster.

      Delete