Thursday, October 3, 2019

Corey Seager Pickup: 2016 Bowman Chrome Prime Positions, BGS 10-10 Auto

While Corey Seager was working his way back from Tommy John and hip surgery, as well as a minor hamstring injury after he had returned to the diamond this season, I wanted to pick up as many of his autos as I could for below-market prices. I've always been a huge Seager fan and I think he's undervalued both on the field and in terms of his cardboard. I didn't pick up nearly as much as I wanted to or should have -- I never do in these situations -- but I was able to snag a couple of cool cards, including the one you see below.


Hailing from 2016 Bowman Chrome and the Prime Positions subset comes this on-card auto numbered 087/250. It's been slabbed by BGS as a 10/10 AU and was reasonably-priced. If only Beckett slabs weren't so hard to scan in nicely, what with the giant glare down the middle of the card.

Either way, it's a sweet addition to my #ManBearSeag PC.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beauty. I had been meaning to snag an auto of his while they were down but didn't get around to it. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a couple of Seagers earlier in the season on the cheap. He turned it on the past couple of weeks. Can't say I'm totally pulling for the Dodgers, but I will be pulling for him in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete