Monday, November 2, 2020

THE DODGERS ARE 2020 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS BABY!

It's been a while since I posted....what can I say, 2020 is all sorts of insanity. But there has finally been some semblance of normalcy with the greatest sports news I could possibly think of:

THE DODGERS ARE 2020 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!!!


I will enjoy this moment for the rest of my life. It only took 31 years for me to experience this wonderful and amazing occurrence -- I was born in 1989, 10 months after they won in '88....and I'll let you do the math and figure out the importance of that 10 months -- and it was worth the wait! The feeling of seeing that final strike and knowing my absolute favorite team, my truest sports love, had accomplished the ultimate goal....well, it was exhilarating and emotional all at once.


But this blog despite my long absences is a card/collectibles blog for the last decade, so what would today's celebratory post be without a card of the 2020 World Series and NLCS MVP, Mr. Corey Drew Seager.

I have been after this 2016 Topps Transcendent auto for a long, long time. They were well out of my range 4 years ago but time and a few unfortunate injuries Seager had to deal with brought prices down to Earth. A wonderful birthday gift from my wonderful girlfriend covered over half the cost and I can finally enjoy this bad boy in-person.

This copy has been slabbed a BGS 9.5 with a 10 auto and is numbered 46/52. The case has some issues -- scratches and a small crack -- but the card is magnificent. An on-card auto, a simple portrait in the circle, and the gold border really shines and pops up close and personal.

2 comments:

  1. hey greg. nice seager and great news indeed! this is the third championship i've been around for, and have great memories of all three, thankfully. i have also mentally prepared myself for this to be the last one i get to see. i hope to be around for another 32 years, but that might be iffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card... and congratulations. The A's have won 4 titles during my lifetime, but I only remember the Bay Bridge Series. I hope I get to see them win a World Series again in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete