Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Jackie Robinson HR Ticket!

Since my entry into the ticket world there have been a few must-haves on my mental list of things to find on my eBay adventures. Some have proven easier than others and some have proven to be more expensive than others. When those two categories overlap, I am an unhappy collector indeed. What that has to do with today's showcased piece, I don't know, as it wasn't overly expensive and wasn't the hardest thing to track down. Rambling, I am.


Nabbing a stub from a game in which the one and only Jackie Robinson went deep was an absolute collecting necessity and eventually patience paid off with this beauty from a 1952 contest against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Jackie left the yard for the 75th time in his illustrious career while driving in three runs, walking twice, and scoring one run. Other notables from the game:
  • Roy Campanella had a hit
  • Duke Snider had two hits, a walk, and a run scored
  • Gil Hodges had a hit and a run scored
  • Pee Wee Reese had a hit, a RBI, and a run scored
  • Carl Erskine threw a complete-game shutout
  • Ralph Kiner had a hit and a walk
After purchasing this raw online, I sent it in for grading and got a 3 from PSA.

Anyone else start dabbling in tickets or think they might?

No comments:

Post a Comment