Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Mike Trout Quakes Minor League Card, Signed and Slabbed PSA/DNA Authentic!

This unique item is something I've had for a couple of years now. I was simply lazy in sending it in to PSA and then posting about it, with a wait time in between leading to the former and contributing to the latter. I spotted it on eBay way back when and decided for as much as it would run me, the one-of-a-kindness of the piece combined with its awesomeness was worth the dough and the time I would need to invest getting it re-slabbed.


While I should have been collecting Mike Trout much, much earlier it is really hard to pass up a killer item of his now. When it's an autographed minor league stunner like this Rancho Cucamonga Quakes team-issued card pulling the trigger is just a formality. I've never seen another of these so trusting my gut was the right call.

It arrived in an old slab and crooked so I knew it would need to be corrected. I begged and pleaded with the PSA Research Department to give it a title other than "CARD" and even offered to call the team to get confirmation. I was turned down and told maybe one day it could be "spec'd" but for now it could not be slabbed any other way than this.

While I was disappointed at that outcome I was not all that surprised and owning it is more important than having any grading company call it what I know it to be. I will likely check back in down the road to see if anything has changed but I don't expect the answer to be yes.

Nonetheless, having this firmly secured and better displayed in my Millville Meteor PC is all that matters, and I could not be happier with this gorgeous seductress of cardboard goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment