Monday, February 20, 2023

When Archer Met Bob Belcher!!

To the four people still reading, I hope you like original sketch cards because that's what you're going to get today as I showcase another six wonderful additions to my Archer PC. All six are Artist Proofs from Ben "1314" Hansen.


First up is by far my favorite of a wonderful bunch and a subject I've been looking for a sketch of for near a decade. The Season 4 premier of Archer, Fugue and Riffs, saw one of the best tv crossover events ever as -- SPOILER ALERT -- Archer forgets who he is and washes up at a burger joint under the name Bob. It's an extremely well done nod to the other major animated character H. Jon Benjamin voices, Bob Belcher on Bob's Burgers.

To say I am thrilled about this acquisition would be a huge understatement.


I loved this Pam Poovey sketch with her getting ready to throw waffles like they're throwing stars. Pam and Archer are eating waffles in a strip club together in Crossing Over (Season 3, Episode 10) and she boldly declares "Woooo! I'm Pacman Jones!" See, a sports reference/tie-in, albeit one where the athlete was making it rain at a strip joint.


Next up is a sketch of my all-time favorite character....Doctor Krieger!! I did not previously have one referencing his failed cloning in Season 2's Pipeline Fever, the fourth episode that year. I was super happy to see this was an available sketch to bring home and Ben's take on it is perfect.


The fourth score is a new character for my collection, Pam's fish Germaine/Jermaine whom she wins at her underground fish fight club. Malory takes the fish hostage in its lone appearance on the show, Live and Let Dine from Season 4 (Episode 7).


The fifth new friend is a nice two character combo of Abelard and Pam's HR dolphin puppet. Abelard seems a little too intrigued by the dolphin, I would venture to say.


Finally we have Ray from Pam's hallucinations in Season 3, Episode 5: El Contador. This is caused by her undergoing the Krieger cleanse to wash all drugs out of her system in time for a mandatory drug test at the office. In her vision, she sees Ray as a Transformer.

No comments:

Post a Comment