Tuesday, February 28, 2023

One Of Many Pandemic Purchases

I splurged many a time during the pandemic as I was fortunate enough to have my job only increase by about a million percent in terms of the amount of work and the amount of overtime I picked up. Granted, I had almost no life outside of work but considering I wasn't going anywhere during Covid anyways, the extra cash yielded many an awesome PC item.

This stunning Mike Trout 2019 Topps Five Star Auto was a highlight of my OT-fueled acquisitions. I struggle to not buy awesome Trouts to add to the PC and this one jumped off of the eBay page when I spotted it. I definitely paid a strong price as the market was up, it's Mike F'in Trout, and it was sold by Probstein. All that said, I love this Green Parallel numbered 8/15 and it being near quad-9.5s for an overall grade of 9.5 by BGS is sweet icing on the already sugar-filled cake.

Did anybody else find themselves making more big purchases during an admittedly scary and tough time? It wasn't what I ever thought would happen in that situation but I'm fortunate and very grateful I was in a position to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment