Monday, May 8, 2023

Mike Trout Signs, Takes Batting Practice

Weird items hold a special place in my heart -- read into that what you will. I find the unique in our hobby to be fascinating, and while unique is a broad and "to each their own" term, I think consensus can be found more often than not on what falls into or at the least leans into that category. A ticket from the Angels' game on the day in which Mike Trout was signed following his draft certainly is in that realm, and is certainly cool on top of that. 

This fun piece popped up on eBay in one of my many random searches and it instantly appealed to me with its story and interesting nature. I'm a giant Mike Trout fan and when my love of tickets is added in, this was an easy call for a small amount of money. Trout also took batting practice at Angels Stadium for the first time on July 2nd of 2009.

This oddball item, not surprisingly, is POP 1 as in the only one PSA has ever graded. For the price it was an easy "grade it" decision even knowing the grade would be middle of the road and factoring in that it's only Box Office Stock. I will take the 5 and enjoy this piece of Angels history!

No comments:

Post a Comment