Thursday, May 4, 2023

Ty Cobb Pickup: T206 Bat On Shoulder, Slabbed PSA Authentic Altered!

This post has been years in the making as I acquired the below absolute stunner back in late 2019 (maybe as early as fall 2018). The card appeared in the card shop I was previously Assistant Manager at and I knew I needed to do what it took to land this collection centerpiece. My then boss -- or former, I may have already been at my next job -- was kind enough to hold it for me as I worked to secure the necessary funds. The wait was more than worth it!


Tyrus Raymond Cobb has entered the chat! I'm a gigantic fan of T206s in general and have built a very modest PC of The Georgia Peach in the last couple of years as well....so eventually adding cards of Cobb from The Monster was a no-brainer. Price was always going to be a factor in accomplishing this far-off goal but I was confident it would eventually happen.

Anyone who has followed along with my posting knows I am a low-grade man when it comes to vintage. I would much rather own the card than own the nicest copy, especially when I can own it for a fraction of the cost. Give me a low-grade or Authentic/Altered copy with great eye appeal over a 5 or 6 or 7, and I'll happily be on my way with the extra cash to play with (and add more cardboard with).


This Ty Bat On Shoulder features a Piedmont 150 reverse, has been graded Authentic Altered by PSA, and was obtained already protected in plastic. The color is great, there are no creases, and a little trim does not bother me in the least as the eye appeal is amazing.

One down, three to go!!

2 comments:

  1. my goodness. what a wonderful card to add to your collection! and i am right there with you - my 1952 topps jackie robinson is "authentic altered" as is my one authenticated 1963 topps pete rose rookie, and i am quite satisfied with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually one for trimmed cards, but with a card like this, I don't think it hurts it one bit. Congratulations on your big purchase!

    ReplyDelete