Friday, July 14, 2023

I Bought A Matt Kemp Card For The First Time In Years, And It Felt Refreshing

First -- although I doubt she reads the blog anymore -- Happy Birthday Mom!

My love for Matt Kemp's tenure as a Dodger and his accomplishments -- with his should have been MVP season of 2011 standing at the forefront -- has never dissipated. I loved collecting his cardboard and building one of the best Kemp Collections you'll see....but times and tastes change. I shifted to primarily vintage with a big splash of Archer and Parks and Recreation and my modern cardboard urges waned significantly. But a good deal is a good deal and I can almost never pass those up!

I've begun selling a ton of stuff on Twitter and have immersed myself within that vibrant card community. I need and want to sell and focus all of my attention on that, but I still see the stuff others are looking to move. When the Mattycakes 1/1 Topps Vault from 2010 Ginter popped up for $25 I paid attention. That price was too rich for my new collecting blood but I hoped it would appear again for a price I was more comfortable with.

And appear again it most certainly did. The same seller re-listed it maybe a month later and dropped his price to a very doable $10. I jumped as I still enjoy seeing Kemp stuff, with the added bonus being 2010 Allen & Ginter is what got me firmly planted as a card collector. I love that product and this will now have a good forever home in my Bison PC!

On a side note: I am moving some of my Kemp and Russell Martin PCs to better focus funds on the main areas of my collection. If anyone would be interested, drop a comment and we can do some business!

1 comment:

  1. That was a pretty significant drop in price. Obviously the seller was motivated to move that card; good thing you were around to see it!

    ReplyDelete