Sunday, April 3, 2011

1880s Allen & Ginter: Part 3

The final installment. A riveting series, I know.



1888 N33 Smokers, "Asiatic Turk", PSA 1, $9.99 plus discounted shipping as it was part of the three-card purchase of Ginter originals.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but this seems at least a tad under-graded, considering it's in pretty damn good shape for an 1880s card. I'm nothing close to an expert on card grading, but I look at this card and think a 3, maybe 3.5. Regardless, I really like it a lot.

And thus concludes some old fashioned 19th century card goodness. The troika of 1880s Ginters ran me just, just under $30 once factoring in a very reasonable shipping cost of four bucks. I'm sure I'll pick up another couple of these in the future, especially if I can find them PSA'd and around the same cost. They'll probably come from the same seller, in all likelihood.

Part 1
Part 2

4 comments: