Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Second Cheapest Alexander Ovechkin Rookie Card You'll Ever See.

(Card Draft. Go join now!) It's not quite the same as Kevin from The Mojo Beard picking up The Great Eight's Young Guns card for a measly seven dollars, but it is a sweet eBay win nevertheless. I scored this awesome 2005-2006 Fleer Ultra Difference Makers jersey swatch of AO's for a cool $3.25 delivered with free shipping. The seller sent it in a magnetic, which makes the cheap price even better. I'm always game to pick up a magnetic when I can at no extra charge.


Yes, it's a relic from a rookie photo shoot, but it still books high for $30 - for whatever that's worth - and is only the second Ovechkin hit of any kind I own. Ovi is my favorite non-Duck, and my collecting Bucket List has both his Young Guns card and an auto of his on it. One day. One day.

2 comments:

  1. As a Penguins fan, I can't say that I'm a fan of Ovechkin, but as a NHL cardboard fan...that's a sweet pickup for that price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I'm still surprised I landed it for so cheap. The scan was a bit fuzzy, but it was obviously a relic. Although, the seller didn't include the word jersey or relic in the description, which surely aided me.

    ReplyDelete