Saturday, July 21, 2012

Birthday Box Break # 1: 2010-2011 Panini All Goalies.

The first box I broke from my birthday stash was the freebie D&A sent my way: 2010-2011 Panini All Goalies. The small box promised a complete base set (1-100), five parallels, and one relic. The box met all of those stated promises. Here's the hit, which is headed straight for my trade bait:


Brian Elliott, once of the Senators, then of the Avalanche, and now of the Blues. Next up, the five parallels, which were all of the "Up Close" variety.


The only difference between these and their base counterparts (an example of which can be seen below) is that to the right of the goalie, you'll get a close-up of his face and mask. The Roy in his Montreal sweater is a pretty cool pull, but of course, as I was taking everything out of the box to scan, a handful of cards slipped and fell a foot before landing on the computer desk, all sustaining dinged lower left corners. Each and every one was an Up Close parallel. Oh well.


And finally, a look at the base cards. Jonas Hiller is the Ducks' goalie, so I thought it appropriate he should be the only base card I scanned. I really like this design, especially the product logo in the bottom right with the Jacques Plante-esque mask flanked by a pair of goalie sticks. Considering I like the base set, it's awesome that this little box completed the set all on its own, so I don't have to chase any.

That completes Birthday Box Break # 1. Up next, we'll move on to larger products (and a non-card product, at that) with 2010 Just Minors Mystery Mini Bats. You'll definitely want to check those posts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment