Monday, December 3, 2012

An Ultimate Collection Rookie Photo Shoot Patch of The Captain.

I managed to land a fantastic new addition to my Ryan Getzlaf Collection at the end of September via our good friend eBay. I debated whether or not to bid, as it was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but my PC was without the card, it wasn't too exorbitant price-wise, and it's a sweeeeet piece of cardboard with a special serial-number to boot.


Numbered 15/75, it's an awesome two-color patch with a FAT seam from 2005-2006 UD Ultimate Collection. Yes, it is a photo shoot sweater, but that's what happens to be available for these early cards, and at least Upper Deck is straightforward about it. The old Mighty Ducks sweater is always a welcome sight.


The seller sent along two unexpected extras in the bubbler, both of which I needed. First, a RC from '05-'06 UD MVP. It books surprisingly high, so to nab it for free is much appreciated.


The final card is another RC, this one from '05-'06 Fleer Ultra. I already have two relics of The Captain from the same set, so it's cool to finally nab the base card.

No comments:

Post a Comment