Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Trade With "O" No!!! Another Orioles Blog: Major Rookie Card Additions of Billingsley, Heyward, and Bauer.

I completed my fourth trade with Ryan from "O" No!!! Another Orioles Blog. You can review the first here, second here, and third here. Ryan and I traded very recently - about a month ago - but he soon thereafter purged himself of a lot of trade bait and I had to get my hands on three cards he showcased.


The beginnings of another rainbow! I picked up the regular autographed version of this fantastic Chad Billingsley 2003 Bowman Chrome Draft RC a long time ago, and always had the desire to try and track down the other variations. I can now mark of the XFractor from my imaginary needs list. It is a stunningly beautiful baseball card.


I was eyeballing the above Blue Refractor RC - #'d 003/199 - from 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft of Braves' stud right fielder Jason Heyward, one of the elite players in the game, and also one of its most underrated. Thankfully, Ryan parted with it. The scan doesn't do it anywhere near enough justice, as it's a lot bluer, chrome-y, and refractor-y in-hand. I have a small but solidly strong J-Hey PC, and I'm always looking to acquire new pieces when I can through trade or for an affordable fee.


The final card that headed west and landed in my mailbox is this very cool Trevor Bauer 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects RC. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked it over to find that it is actually a refractor.

Thanks for yet another phenomenal trade Ryan! Until we deal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment