Monday, August 4, 2014

Lazy Sunday, Wake Up To A Chris Parnell Archer Industry Summit Auto /175.

Like most card companies Cryptozoic holds back cards from a number of their non-sports releases in case something needs to be replaced. What differentiates them from other card companies, as far as I can tell, is that they took a number of these quality control backups to the 2013 Industry Summit and hand-stamped them out of /175 before handing them out to the retailers in attendance.


Those attendees could do with them as they pleased, I suppose, and thankfully some decided to toss them up on eBay for the masses to have a crack at. I was able to land one, and though it's quirky I decided it would count towards my Master Set of 2014 Cryptozoic Archer. I've also decided to count this as both the /175 card I needed as well as the Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis John Hancock I was without.


There's a smiling SNL alum. There is only one of each card submitted for this /175 Industry Variation, so I own the only Parnell Archer signature with a /175 serial-number. My catch is numbered 113/175.

1 comment: