Monday, September 22, 2014

Mannfred and Popeye Join the Archer PC

The below are two of the more plentiful and least expensive autos from 2014 Cryptozoic Archer, but it took me forever to land them. Thankfully I have an Archer supplier, and as previously mentioned, I made a large purchase from him. I was looking to land each of these John Hancocks via eBay for under $5 (maybe $7 if need be) but my buddy Kyle had them and sent them my way for a five spot each.


René Auberjonois voices German spy Mannfred, who teams with his teenage girlfriend Uta on a number of occasions to work angles and missions involving Sterling Archer. Auberjonois is known for his role in the film version of M*A*S*H as well as parts in Batman Forever and The Patriot and TV roles in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Boston Legal.


Clarke Peters portrays Popeye from Season 2 onwards. No, not the Clark Peters who bullies Bobby Hill on King of the Hill. Popeye owns the dry cleaners which fronts ISIS headquarters and he is on less than stellar terms with Archer. Peters is most well-known for his work as a major player in both The Wire and Treme.

Half a blaster well, well spent. My Archer Want List gets a wee bit shorter.

1 comment: