Tuesday, July 18, 2017

1938 Wheaties Series 10 Hand Cut, SGC Authentic: Paul "Big Poison" Waner!

We recently listed a bunch of Dodgers' Wheaties items at work and my desire to see all of the cool stuff we get in at work ended up costing me money when all was said and done. After checking out our newest items I decided to browse eBay and enjoy the coolness that is a vintage Wheaties box panel in all of its full glorious-ness. But of course, I couldn't just admire from a distance.


One seller on eBay was selling a bunch of these beauties and I was down to just a couple that really caught my eye. I ended up winning one, and it just so happened to be of Hall of Famer and once upon a time Brooklyn Dodger Big Poison, Paul Waner. Waner is pictured as a Pirate, which is the team I associate him with. I didn't even know he had been a Dodger until after I bought the Wheaties partial box. It's graded an Authentic and housed in a sweet SGC holder.

I'll take Mr. Waner over a blaster and a loose pack or two any day of the cardboard week. He makes for a fine addition to my Vintage PC.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa! Now I've seen everything. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have some Dodgers in stock right now if you're ever interested!

      Delete
  2. Never seen one of these before. Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on the great addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! thats great been collecting for 40 years never seen a Wheaties Waner panel good to see somebody (I assume) younger is finding stuff like this worth collecting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ned! By age, yes I'm young (just turned 28). My body tells me something different every single day haha.

      Delete