Wednesday, August 23, 2017

(Zack) Wheat Wednesday: 1915 Cracker Jack, Graded A PSA 2! It's Finally Mine!

I recently was able to secure the crown jewel of my modest but growing Zack Wheat Collection. While I do love his T206 rookie card and there are countless variations of it to chase -- I have two -- this pickup is a significantly harder card to come by and much more damaging to my wallet. Patience yet again paid off as well as having some birthday cash from my folks still burning a hole in my cardboard-desiring pockets. The final price was something I was more than comfortable with as I landed the below absolute stunner.


Zack Wheat! You shall never leave me! I could probably stop collecting the Brooklyn Hall of Famer and be completely satisfied with what I've built of his cardboard. I mean, I won't stop collecting him, but this 1915 Cracker Jack in a spiffy PSA 2 holder is so fantastic and has been on my radar for so long that a small sense of completion has washed over me.


The backs on the 1915 Cracker Jacks are upside down while the 1914 versions are the correct way. There's usually at least light staining on these and there is some here as well as a light crease, and I'm beyond okay with that. As far as any card graded a GOOD 2 goes, this is in magnificent condition. This goes down as pickup of the year along with the eTopps Kershaw I recently posted.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome card, it looks great. Congrats on the addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on adding this to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take 2's like that all day for hundred year old cards. You're right to be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That design has truly stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Fuji! And I totally agree, simple yet awesome. Someone knew what they were doing 100 years ago.

      Delete
  5. Great card. I've loved Cracker Jack cards since I was kid. I'll get one someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fellow Greg! And sooner than later, I hope!

      Delete