Thursday, February 1, 2018

1972 Icee Bear Project -- # 4: Dick Van Arsdale, Slabbed A PSA 8!

I was able to approach a seller on eBay recently and make a deal to get myself to 25% complete on my 1972 Icee Bear PSA 8 project. He had a couple listed for thirteen bucks and change a piece. I offered him $20 delivered for the pair and he quickly accepted.


$10 a piece for the common guys is good in my book. I had hopes to beat that price after landing the Dave DeBusschere for under $4.50 shipped but I'm coming to the realization that the deal I got there was an aberration I can't expect to see again.

Dick Van Arsdale makes for four cards in the project and a cool addition as I'm a Phoenix Suns fan and he's considered the "Original Phoenix Sun," having his number retired by the team.

2 comments:

  1. Neat little set with some tough SPs. I've got about half of it...it's right in my hoops wheelhouse. A seller on eBay has a lot of 10 for abut $25 or so but there were 5 in there I already have so I passed. And they were not graded so they wouldn't help you.

    Anyway that's a nice pickup for a PSA8. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks commish! It's definitely a unique set. Good luck completing yours!

      Delete