Tuesday, March 20, 2018

1972 Icee Bear Project -- # 7: THE LOGO, Jerry West, Slabbed A PSA 8!

I was recently able to add one of the remaining handful of superstars left in my 1972 Icee Bear PSA 8 project. Today's pickup was had via the Best Offer option on eBay and one I didn't expect to be making now. There is a copy listed for $50 with no offer option and I've had my eye on it for some time. I was going to message the seller but then out of the blue another PSA 8 was listed with an OBO and for considerably less. After a couple of failed offers I found success and brought the NBA Logo himself home with me.


Hellllloooo Jerry! West's card is one of my favorites and it's the sole full body action shot of any I have. It also happens to be the first Jerry West card of any kind I own. I still see West as underrated when talking about the greats of the game....I mean, the man is the damn logo after all. A blaster and a half was well worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Love that card. West is right up there among the best ever. Congrats on scoring this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry West is definitely still underrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love how the set is coming along. If I wasn't so addicted to baseball autographs and vintage, I'd probably dedicate one of my eBay searches to this card.

    ReplyDelete