Saturday, July 28, 2018

A Sweet Hal Chase T206 Pickup: Polar Bear Back, Dark Cap Throwing, SGC 10

This card sat on my eBay Watch List for some time and had I pulled the trigger a handful of weeks earlier when I first spotted it I could have saved just over half a blaster from the final cost. Even still the price was more than fair for my third Hal Chase card and the first Polar Bear back in my T206 collection.


Chase has 5 poses/variations in the set -- more than any other player -- and I like the throwing pose the best of all. This is the Dark Cap version of that Throwing Pose and despite the SGC 10 grade it has nice eye appeal and no creases. The big flaws are the two pinholes and the speck of paper loss above his head but they are minuscule flaws in my eyes.


Polar Bear backs are just so fantastic to look at and have really taken off in popularity and pricing recently along with Sovereign backs. eBay Bucks brought the total for this to under a blaster, which I'm more than happy with.

5 comments:

  1. Keep 'em coming! I love T206 posts. I added four more to my collection this week.

    -kin
    beansballcardblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kin! Always enjoy seeing your T206 posts as well!

      Delete
  2. Sweet card. I'm still trying to find a suitable 'with trophy' Chase from T206. Don't have a Polar Bear back either I don't think. They are my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Left a comment on your most recent blog post that may be of interest to you and related to your comment....hope you see it in time!

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen every single back in existence... but out of the ones I've seen... the Polar Bear back is my favorite. Congratulations on the addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete