Monday, October 7, 2019

Card Show Recap: They Still Exist.

I spent a number of hours at a local card show in Orange County this weekend with some friends. It was a good time and a nice change of pace. A few more vintage tables would be great but I was still able to find some cool stuff to purchase.


My favorite pickup was this 1962 Post Roberto Clemente Red Lines Variation, slabbed a PSA Authentic. I somehow missed it on my first pass through the show and the table it resided at and thankfully everyone else missed it. It was priced at a very reasonable $15 and I love getting a good deal on a sweet item. It's a great combo and a fun addition to my beyond modest Clemente Collection.


One vendor had a slew of scorecards that were signed. I thought they were pretty cool but didn't want to spend too much on such a random item. I ended up finding the above which was appealing because Max Muncy was playing for the AAA Dodgers at that point (summer 2017) and I don't have anything Muncy in my collection. Plus, the Dodgers were playing the New Orleans Baby Cakes which is a great team name to go along with a great mascot. At $10 it was an easy decision and will be something fun to display on my desk at work.


One dealer had some really nice dollar boxes to pick through and I nabbed the above plus a few others to end up at 11 cards for $10 when it was all said and done. A ripped RIP card /10 for a dollar every day of the week. The Piazza, almost unbelievably, is a set need for a set I don't even want to finish.

4 comments:

  1. Some nice pick ups, really like the scorecard, don't have any of those in my collection.
    If you have any interest moving that McCovey rip card, hit me up. I would happily give you the opportunity to get a nice ROI or trade something your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need I remind you WHO pointed out the scorecard to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza. Super jealous of that Clemente! That McCovey was a steal too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete