Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Roy Campanella Oddball Pickup: "1958" Career Summary Card, Slabbed a PSA 4

I had seen the below a number of times on eBay and stumbled across a copy at my old job at one point as well. I always assumed it was an '80s or newer commemorative issue, maaaaybe '70s at best. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across a PSA graded listing on eBay with the actual date as 1958. I snagged it as quickly as I could and recently got it back after submitting it at work.


All that being said, I actually disagree with the card being a 1958 as the back clearly states "Named to Hall of Fame, 1969." This was not something I caught until literally about five minutes ago when I started to write up this very post. Barring some sort of Endgame-esque time heist....this could not possibly be a true 1958 item. Either way, it's a new Campy I paid very little for -- including grading fees -- and the total POP is three (my 4, a 6 MK, and a 9).


Here's the back with the HOF line the third down from the top.

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely right about the date. If I remember correctly, these were given out by the Campanella family in response to numerous autograph request (TTM). You're probably right that it is much newer.

    ReplyDelete