Sunday, October 20, 2019

Joe DiMaggio and Jake LaMotta Pickups

I've always enjoyed the 1951 and 1952 Berk Ross sets. The checklist features a wide variety of athletes and anything oddball vintage tends to spark an interest in my collecting adventures. A 1952 Berk Ross Roy Campanella was the first card I ever purchased after working at the card shop before PSA, and it was bought on my first day working there. Neither issue happens to be a set I chase religiously but every once in a while you can get a star at a nice discount compared with the mainstream issues like Topps and Bowman.


I was able to snag these two 1951 Berk Ross cards from my old job on one of my trips back to Los Angeles since my move. Yes, the Joe DiMaggio is half a card....but at least it's the good half, and it's a more than welcome and quirky addition to my Vintage Collection.


Jake "Raging Bull" LaMotta was an easy add. It's a really cool posed shot and one of those random boxing cards I can't help but picking up here and there.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! You can't go wrong with adding vintage legends to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there's a card with Joe's lower half as well?

    ReplyDelete