Monday, July 20, 2020

Yet Another Random Vintage Pickup: 1950 Bromide Japanese -- Takeshi Doigaki, SGC 20

This is the final item I scored from a recent Hake's Auction and the second of two Bromides I ended up with. This one is 6 years older but is also a Black & White Type II Premium (who knows, maybe most fit that description). Either way it was affordable and unique which tend to be enough to make me interested in vintage.


Slabbed an SGC 20 (#SGCKing....thanks Tim!) here is Takeshi Doigaki. According to Baseball Reference he was the top catcher in Japanese ball after WWII (he missed three years while fighting in said war) which makes this an even cooler pickup than I had originally realized.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are finally embracing your true self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I'm always fascinated by athletes who fought for their country. This is the first time I've seen a card featuring a Japanese veteran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The history of these players is sometimes the most intriguing part!

      Delete