Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Babe Ruth Pickup: 1935 Quaker Oats Champions Metal Pin -- PSA 7!

Babe Ruth became a major focus of my new collecting journey over the last couple of years. He always should have been but I definitely had the idea that nothing of his was affordable. Time in the hobby and working at both the card shop and especially PSA has changed my mindset on that and I've begun a PC of him -- better late than never!

This beautiful Quaker Oats pin is one of those sneaky affordable pieces I would not have originally thought of when debating the idea of collecting Ruth. The Babe, by this point, had left New York -- he's pictured in a Boston Braves cap, the team he would end his playing career with in 1935. Having a Ruth collectible from his last year playing is a welcome touch to this already awesome item.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks fellas! Love the oddball Ruth stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If one has the money to do so, Babe probably is fun to collect. I would imagine that there's quite a variety of items that are sporting his likeness out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very wide variety and a decent amount of affordable oddball!

    ReplyDelete