Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Zack Wheat Wednesday: A T206 Double-Name Tolstoi Back, SGC 20!

I tend not to double up on cards unless it's something I truly love. However, the beauty within the T206 set is that even if two cards possess the same back there can still be something interesting or unique about one of them that essentially makes them two totally different cards worth pursuing. The below is a prime example of that theory put into practice:

I already own a Tolstoi back that I purchased through Memory Lane a few years ago but when I spotted this Tolstoi back with a partial double-name at the top in an REA auction I decided to make a legit run at it. The double-name is truly ever so slight and is barely noticeable at any distance further than within one's eye socket -- but it is there. Tolstoi backs are tougher and really aesthetically-pleasing to boot, a cherry on top of the pre-war sundae.

Give me all of the Zack Wheats!

No comments:

Post a Comment