Monday, August 5, 2024

An Awesome 1888 Allen & Ginter Addition: Winfield Scott (Great Generals)

One of my earliest collecting loves has somewhat fallen by the wayside over the last 10 years. I have not stopped enjoying this area of collecting; I don't find it any less interesting or appealing; and it has not necessarily risen in price so as to push me out of chasing it. Things simply change over the years, priorities shift, and work gets in the way and forces condensing of areas of desire.


Original Allen & Ginter remains undefeated! I joined a non-sports group on Twitter and a lot of the guys were posting their vintage Ginter and similar sets. It reminded me how much I enjoy it and reignited some of that earlier passion for adding O.G. A&G to the PC. I snagged a couple of pieces, both slabbed, and the first of those is Winfield Scott from the 1888 N15 Great Generals set.

Scott served as Commanding General of the United States Army for 20 years, fought in numerous wars (including the Civil War), and almost ran for President. This is my perfect type of vintage card, being an SGC 1 but a stellar looking SGC 1.

1 comment:

  1. Grading isn't my thing, but this seems to look awfully nice for something that was given a "1".

    ReplyDelete