Monday, February 2, 2015

1954 Bowman For $10: Pee Wee Reese

Working in a card shop that specializes in vintage only slightly raises your desire to pick up vintage cardboard whenever the chance presents itself. I've always had a soft-spot for vintage but working with and around it every day has most certainly led me to search out more of it.


My latest acquisition is this gorgeous 1954 Bowman Pee Wee Reese. It was had for $10.50 delivered and features a tremendous portrait shot of Pee Wee holding a bat. The '54 design is great (I still need to track down the Campy) and the prominent Brooklyn "B" is icing on the cake. The seller listed it as VG-EX, but in actuality it's VG at best.

I don't have much in the way of Reese so to add a mid-50s card with really nice eye appeal for half a blaster was too good of a deal to pass up. The back makes mention that Pee Wee was a marble champion as a child. Awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Great acquisition. Can't go wrong with the captain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer card, and even better price! I'd drop a 10-spot on that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarrassed to say I've never even seen that card before. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic card, classy player. Nice pick-up

    ReplyDelete